The Brexit Barometer was launched by Bord bia back in March of this year.
The aim of this assessment tool was to provide a structure for companies to discuss Brexit implications on their business.
The barometer made use of 6 different topics and 17 sub categories with over 100 questions so that participating companies could face Brexit in a meaningful way.
In total it has been confirmed that 135 food, drink and horticultural companies had taken part in the assessment.
The findings will be presented on June 29th and Bord Bia will also give their response to key industry pressure points identified by the barometer.
Bord Bia say they are committed to providing the food and drink sectors with accurate information and this event represents the fourth in a series of seminars organised by the group.
The event is scheduled to take place at The Thinking House, Bord Bia, Lower Mount Street, Dublin on Thursday June 29th from 9:30a.m. It will be made up of half a day’s open plenary session followed by lunch.
The deadline for registration for the event is Friday 16th of June, and all food and drink companies exposed to the UK markets are invited to attend.
The event is free of charge although there are space limitations, so therefore a limit of two delegates per company has been set.
For the Full agenda of the day see timetable below. Please contact Michael Jacob on firstname.lastname@example.org you have any queries or require additional information.
- 09:00 – 09:30 Registration
- 09:30 – 09:45 Welcome and Intro - Chair, Michael Carey, Chairman, Bord Bia
- 09:45 – 10:10 Update on EU-UK Negotiations and implications for Irish Food and Drink industry - Catherine Day, Former Secretary General of European Commission
- 10:10 – 10:40 Bord Bia’s Brexit Barometer: Findings & Actions - Tara McCarthy, CEO, Bord Bia
- 10:40 – 11:10 The UK Grocery Perspective - IGD – James Wilson, Chief Economist
- 11:10 – 11:25 Q&A - Chair, Catherine Day, Tara McCarthy, James Walton
- 11:20– 11:35 Coffee Break
- 11:35 – 12:00 Oaklands - Supply Chain Partner Perspective - Dean Attwell, Managing Director
- 12:00 – 12:45 Industry Panel Discussion