Bord Bia’s Bloom festival - that attracted 120,000 visitors last year - is back in the Phoenix Park, Dublin, for the annual festival of gardening, food and family fun.
The festival runs from Thursday, (May 30th) to Monday, (June 3rd).
- Twenty-two show gardens,
- Fourteen postcard gardens,
- Over 100 Irish food and drink producers,
- Twenty-five plant nurseries,
- Twenty-five live cookery demonstrations with some of Ireland’s best-known chefs.
Tara McCarthy - CEO of Bord Bia - said, “This year, it is really encouraging to see issues such as sustainability, biodiversity, water conservation and mental and physical health being addressed in an accessible way through floral displays, talks and family-friendly exhibits.”
The show gardens are themed on the important call to environmental action, such as ‘Bee Positive’, and an under-water garden theme called ‘Aqua Marine’.
The Lidl Healthy Mind Healthy Planet garden will demonstrate how mental wellbeing can be improved by stepping into nature no matter how big or small the green space.
Further features of the festival;
- The Irish Garden magazine Bloom Plant Clinic,
- Floral & Nursery Pavilion,
- AOIFA Floral Art Stage,
- Botanical & Floral Art Exhibition.
There will be fun for all the family, talks from famous chefs and Ireland's first Gin Garden to mention just a few of the highlights.