Applications for the Beef Exceptional Aid Measure (BEAM) scheme will open from August 19th to September 8th.
A payment rate of €100/animal (adult cattle) slaughtered between September 24th, 2018 and May 12th, 2019 will apply, subject to a maximum of 100 such animals per eligible herd and/or;
In terms of suckler herd, a rate of €40/animal will be paid, subject to a maximum of 40 such animals per eligible herd.
- Be an active herdowner farming a holding in respect of which a BPS application was submitted to the Department for the year 2018;
- The herdowner must be a member of at least one environmental scheme or Bord Bia Beef and Lamb Quality-Assurance Scheme (SBLAS) at the time of application, or undertake to become a member of SBLAS prior to 01 December 2019.
- The herd must have at least one eligible animal as set in the T&Cs;
- Agents and dealers are not eligible;
- Factory-owned or controlled animals are not eligible;
- Milk suppliers are not eligible, except in the case where the herd had 40 dairy cows or less on December 31st, 2018 as identified on AIM.
- Applicants commit to reduce the production of bovine livestock manure nitrogen on the holding by 5% for the period 01 July, 2018 to June, 30th 2019.
- Applicants may join SBLAS up to December 1st for eligibility, if needed;
- Reduce the production of bovine livestock manure nitrogen on the holding by 5% for the period July 1st, 2010-June 30th, 2021 as compared with the period July 1st, 2018 to June 30th, 2019;
- Payment will commence in Q4 2019.
You can apply online here.