“As we enter the summer period, cattle numbers are reducing as is the quality of stock on offer,” said Tom McGuire following Ballinrobe Mart’s cattle sale on Wednesday (May 15th).
He said that despite this, quality lots are in demand with “plenty of customers” making their presence felt at the ringside.
- A Limousin-X - 590 kg - €1400 or €2.37 per kg (Pic Below);
- 3 Charolais sold together - 578 kg - €1350or €2.34/kg;
- An Aberdeen Angus-X - 342 kg - €875 or €2.56/kg;
- A Charolais-X - 365 kg - €1030 or €2.82/kg.
- A Limousin-X - 400 kg - €1130 or €2.83/kg;
- A Charolais-X - 495 kg - €1220 or €2.46/kg;
- 3 Limousin-X - 345 kg - €1060 or €3.07/kg.
- Weanling Heifers: 3 Charolais - 263 kg - €795 or €3.02/kg;
- Weanling Bulls: A Limousin-X - 270 kg - €845 or €3.13/kg.
Dry Cows and Suckler Pairings
- Dry Cows: An Aberdeen-Angus - 610 kg - €1235 or €2.02/kg;
- A Simmental-X cow with heifer calf at foot - €1520.
With numbers remaining small, spring lambs sold to €132 and a ewe with a couple peaked at €235.