Cattle numbers were similar to last week in Ballinrobe on Wednesday with sheep numbers well up. Trade again was very sharp especially for the quality stock despite the ongoing adverse weather conditions, according to Tom McGuire, Manager of Ballinrobe Mart.
- A Charolais-X 605 kg made €1550.00
- 2 Limousin heifers sold together 475 kg €1245.00
- Aberdeen Angus-X 395 kg made €990.00
- 2 Charolais sold together 652 kg €1570.00
- 3 Limousin bullocks sold together 438 kg €1165.00
- An Aberdeen-Angus 310 kg made €895.00
Weanling Bulls: Charolais-X 285 kg made €900.00 or €3.16 per kg.
Weanling Heifers: Limousin- X 305 kg made €925.00 or €3.03 per kg.
Dry Cows and Suckles
- Best price in the dry cows went to a Charolais-X 785kg, €1550.00
- A Limousin-Cross Cow with heifer calf @ foot made €1510.00
Sheep numbers were well up on last week. Hoggets made from €98.00 to €120.00 with fat ewes made from €88.00 to a €118.00, Butcher Lambs made from €102.00 to €123.00.
Please note a special Weanling sale will take place on Wednesday, February 21st 2018. Pre- booking for cattle each Friday - (094 95 41140).
Photo: via Facebook page of Ballinrobe Mart.