Cattle numbers were again similar to the previous weeks at Ballinrobe Mart on Wednesday (August 21st), while sheep numbers are continuing to increase weekly, according to Tom McGuire – manager.
- A Charolais-X - 490 kg - €1175 or €2.40/kg;
- A Limousin-X - 385 kg - €1000 or €2.60/kg;
- A Belgian Blue-X - 535 kg - €1165 or €2.18/kg;
- 4 Aberdeen Angus sold together - 295 kg - €700 or €2.37/kg.
- A Charolais-X - 515 kg - €1135 or €2.20/kg;
- A Limousin-X - 475 kg - €1055 or €2.22/kg;
- An Aberdeen-Angus - 370 kg - €800 or €2.16/kg.
- Weanling bulls: A Charolais-X - 275 kg - €815 or €2.96/kg.
- Dry cows: A Limousin-X 690 kg - €1255 or €1.82/kg.
Sheep numbers are continuing to rise each week with the trade slightly easier, McGuire outlined.
Store lambs pushed from €72-€98, while trade for ewe lambs was similar to last week; these traded from €90-€124.
Image source: Aurivo Ballinrobe Mart