A smaller number on offer this week but a good sale was witnessed by all, according to a spokesperson for the mart. Breeding heifers were in good demand, while plainer lots easier sold this week at Wednesday’s cattle sale.
Bullocks: Average €2.26 up to €2.73 per kg.
- LM - 640kg - €1450 (€2.27/kg);
- CH - 650kg - €1400 (€2.15/kg);
- LM - 615kg - €1400 (€2.28/kg;
- LM - 395kg - €1080 (€2.73/kg);
- CH - 425kg - €1125 (€2.65/kg);
- CH - 325kg - €850 (€2.62/kg).
Heifers: Average €2.29 up to €2.88 per kg.
- CH - 675kg - €1420 (€2.10/kg);
- CH - 575kg - €1320 (€2.30/kg)
- LM - 575kg - €1305 (€2.27/kg);
- LM - 310kg - €900 (€2.88/kg);
- CH - 335kg - €960 (€2.85/kg);
- LM - 430kg - €1125 (€2.62/Kg).
Cull Cows: Minimum price per head €805 up to €1570.
Thursday’s Sheep Sale
Spring Lambs: Average price per head €100 up to €126
Stag Ewes: Average price per head €90 up to €110.
Larger number on offer this week with 100% clearance. Strong trade for lambs with an increase in price being witnessed by all, according to the mart’s spokesperson. A larger number of store sheep went under the hammer and these all found new homes.
Saturday’s Weanling Sale
There was a great demand for breeding cattle with a good clearance on the day. The spokesperson reported that weanling bulls noticed a lift in trade and weanling heifers were well sought after; these achieved close to 100% clearance.
Bulls: Average €2.50 up to €3.29 per kg.
- CH - 480kg - €1120 (€2.33/kg);
- LM - 460kg - €1080 (€2.35/kg).
- LM - 450kg - €1060 (€2.36/kg);
- LM - 240kg - €790 (€3.29/kg);
- CH - 335kg - €1015 (€3.03/kg);
- LM - 250kg - €740 (€2.96/kg).
Heifers: Average €2.49 up to €3.43 per kg.
- CH - 465kg - €1100 (€2.36/kg);
- CH - 420kg - €1090 (€2.60/kg);
- LM - 435kg - €1080 (€2.48/kg);
- CH - 255kg - €875 (€3.43/kg);
- CH - 290kg - €915 (€3.16/kg);
- CH - 270kg - €820 (€3.03/kg).
Springers pushed from €850 up to €1280, while suckler pairings recorded prices from €1000 up to a top call of €2,000 and calves made from €85 up to €590.