Joe Wynne described trade as “good” at Headford Mart’s weekly cattle and sheep sale on Saturday, June 27th.
The mart manager reported a 94% clearance of stock.
- Bullocks ranged from €1.05-€2.81.kg or €185-€750 over the kg - Top price over the kg LM - 490kg - €1240 - €2.53/kg and top price per kg – a LMX - 255kg - €800 - €2.81/kg.
- Heifers climbed from €1.66-€3.26/kg or €300-€975 over the kg - Top price over the kg, - a LMX - 455kg - €1430 - €3.14/kg and top price per kg – a LMX - 190kg - €620 - €3.26/kg.
- Weanling heifers went under the hammer from €1.94-€3.64/kg or €290-€950 over the kg - Top price over the kg and per kg – a LMX - 360kg - €1310 - €3.64/kg
- Weanling bulls clicked from €2.33-€2.86/kg or €440-€575 over the kg - Top price over the kg – a LMX - 395kg - €970 - €2.46/kg and top price per kg – a CHX 255kg - €730 - €2.86/kg.
- Cull cows made from €570-€1550 for a 4-year-old LMX weighing 710kg.
- Cows with calf at foot sold from €1390 to €1600 for a 7-year-old LMX cow with a March- born LMX bull calf at foot.
Cull ewes peaked at €95, while spring lambs pushed from €80-€115 or €1.51-€2.34/kg;
- 43.5kg - €102 - €2.34/kg;
- 43kg - €100 - €2.33/kg;
- 39kg - €91 - €2.33/kg;
- 44kg - €102 - €2.32/kg;
- 50kg - €115 - €2.30/kg;
- 35kg - €80 - €2.29/kg.