A ‘prime’ residential agricultural holding – which extends to c.92-acres – will be offered for sale, by public auction, on Wednesday, October 16th.
The property – which is located at Coolpowra, Portumna, Ballinasloe, Co. Galway and being brought to the market by Sherry Fitzgerald O’Toole Madden – will go under the hammer at 3 pm at Gullane's Hotel.
“This is undoubtedly one of the finest farms to come to the open market in east Galway in recent years.” Ger O’Toole outlined.
The holding is within a 5-minute drive to Killimor, Portumna and Tynagh, with the larger towns of Loughrea and Ballinasloe both within a 20-minute drive.
“Enjoying considerable road frontage, this top-quality holding comprises one large rectangular block, all presently in pasture, with central farm roadway.”
O’Toole outlined that the property is laid out as several fields, all with natural boundaries providing excellent shelter, lands are of a rich, fertile nature, suitable to any farming enterprise.
He said it has the added benefit of Kilcrow River running all along its western boundary.
A traditional style farmhouse has been refurbished over the years to offer all “modern conveniences” and is presented for sale in “excellent condition”, according to the selling agent.
Lands are under lease which will end in March 2020; O’Toole confirmed that the tenant will not be affected.
- Entrance hall;
- Living/dining room – solid fuel cooker; front & side aspect window; timber flooring;
- Kitchen – side & rear aspect window, fully fitted base and wall units, vinyl flooring;
- Sitting room – front & rear aspect windows, solid fuel stove and floor carpeted;
- Shower room & WC – fully tiled, wet-floor style shower area, with electric shower fitted;
- First-floor bedroom – front & rear aspect window, fitted wardrobes, timber flooring;
- Bedroom 2 – front aspect window, fitted wardrobes, timber flooring;
- Bedroom 3 – rear aspect window, fitted wardrobes, timber flooring;
- Bathroom – bathroom suite, separate shower
- Heating: Oil-fired central heating;
- Services: Private well, separate well-supplying farm, group water scheme also available.
- Farmyard facilities:
Traditional farmyard facilities include:
- 3-bay hayshed with lean-to;
- 3-bay loose shed;
- Selection of loose boxes & stabling.
- BER: E1
- BER No: 11256699
- Performance Indicator: 327.51
For further information, please see here.