Saturday, August 1st another large entry of stock on offer at Headford Mart, according to Joe Wynne.
The mart manager reported that some 470 lots went under the hammer at the general cattle sale, which attracted a special entry of autumn-born weanling heifers and bulls.
- Bullocks ranged from €1.45 to €2.75 per kg or €155 to €990 over the kg - Top price over the kg – a LMX - 700kg - €1690 - €2.41/kg and top price per kg – a BAX - 400kg - €1100 - €2.75/kg.
- Heifers went under the hammer from €1.35 to €3.27 per kg or €185 to €850 over the kg - Top price per kg – a CHX - 550kg - €1400 - €2.55/kg and top price per kg – a CHX - 260kg - €850 - €3.27/kg.
- Weanling heifers climbed from €2.08 to €3.54 per kg or €430 to €675 over the kg - Top price per kg – a BBX - 325kg - €1000 - €3.08/kg and top price per kg – a BBX - 240kg - €850 - €3.54/kg.
- Weanling bulls made €1.49 to €2.86 per kg or €315 to €700 over the kg - Top price over the kg – a CHX – 410kg - €1110 - €2.71/kg and top price per kg – a LMX - 245kg - €700 - €2.86/kg.
- Cull cows sold from €540 to €1580 for a 6-year-old SA, weighing 870kg.
- Stock bulls fetched up to €1660.
- Cows with calf at foot ranged from €1800 to €1900 for a 3-year-old old LM cow with a March-born LM heifer calf at foot.
Lambs clicked from €70 up to €106 or €2.00 to €2.65 per kg;
- 34kg - €90 - €2.65/kg;
- 37kg - €90 - €2.43/kg;
- 38kg - €91 - €2.39/kg;
- 42kg - €100 - €2.38/kg;
- 38kg - €90 - €2.37/kg;
- 36kg - €85 - €2.36/kg.