Weather warnings did not have an impact on the number of cattle presented for sale or trade at Headford Mart on Saturday, February 8th, according to Joe Wynne.
- Bullocks ranged from €1.58-€3.12/kg or €320 to €870 over the kg - Top price over the kg – a LM - 640kg - €1510 - €2.36/kg and top price per kg – a LMX - 295kg - €920 - €3.12/kg.
- Heifers ranged from €1.68-€3.03/kg or €365-€885 over the kg - Top price over the kg – a CHX - 695kg - €1580 - €2.27/kg and top price per kg – a BBX - 350kg - €1060 -€3.03/kg.
- Weanling heifers fetched from €2.04 to €3.83 per kg or €240 to €665 over the kg - Top price over the kg and per kg – a LMX - 1 - €900 - €3.83/kg.
- Weanling bulls clicked from €1.53-€3.63/kg or €135 to €675 over the kg - Top price over the kg – a LMX – 345kg - €1,020 - €2.96/kg and top price per kg – a CHX – 245kg - €890 - €3.63/kg.
- Cull cows went under the hammer from €720 to €1800 for a 4-year-old AAX, weighing 890kg.
Ewes with lambs at foot sold from €150 to €250, while lambs ranged from €73 up to €128.50 or €2.22 to €2.50/kg;
- 51.5kg - €128.50 - €2.50/kg;
- 40kg - €95 - €2.38/kg;
- 54kg - €120 - €2.22/kg.