Headford Mart’s weekly sale, which was held on Saturday (March 14th), attracted a large turnout of cattle, according to Joe Wynne.
“We had many restrictions in place due to the Covid-19 outbreak. We would like to thank everyone for their cooperation during this difficult time.”
“We will continue to monitor the situation for next week’s sale.” the mart manager added.
- Bullocks ranged from €1.46-€3.21 per kg or €203-€810 over the kg - Top price over the kg – a CHX - 800kg, €1610 - €2.01/kg and top price per kg – a CHX - 290kg - €930 - €3.21/kg.
- Heifers fetched from €1.68-€2.71/kg or €270-€800 over the kg - Top price over the kg – a LMX - 600kg - €1400 - €2.33/kg and top price per kg – a LMX - 330kg - €895 - €2.71/kg.
- Weanling heifers went under the hammer from €1.85-€3.44/kg or €215-€745 over the kg - Top price over the kg and per kg - 305kg - €1050 - €3.44/kg.
- Weanling bulls sold from €1.80-€3.08/kg or €290-€720 over the kg - Top price over the kg – a LMX - 360kg - €1080 - €3.00/kg and top price per kg – a CHX - 195kg - €600 - €3.08/kg.
- Cull cows pushed from €390 to €1,530 for an 11-year-old CHX, weighing 910kgs.
- Suckler entries climbed from €600 to €1600 for a 2-year-old LMX, due to calf shortly.
Ewes with lamb at foot made up to €172, while cull ewes peaked at €136.
Hoggets ranged from €115-€157 or €2.09-€2.55/kg;
- 54kg - €137.50 - €2.55/kg;
- 62kg - €157 - €2.53/kg
- 48kg - €120 - €2.50/kg;
- 51kg - €126 - €2.47/kg;
- 56kg - €135 - €2.41/kg.