There was an excellent turnout of stock at Tuam Mart’s Show and Sale, with some “super” entries on offer, according to Marion Devane – Manager.
“The mood around the ring was very positive with a good clearance of stock.” The manager said following Monday’s sale.
The Champion bullock – weighing 735kg – hit €2,100, while a pair of Charolais bullocks – 770kgs – topped out at €1,770 and five Aberdeen-Angus-crosses – weighing 561kg – fetched €1,150.
Heifers met with a fine trade, the manager added with €1,960 forked out for a 775kg Belgian-Blue cross.
Class 1 - The Gay Brown Perpetual Cup for the best single Bullock
- 1st - Shane Gleeson, Addergoole, Dunmore;
- 2nd - Johnny Mears, Culleen, Dysart, Ballinasloe for his animal - 735kg - €2100.
Class 2 - Paddy Kilgarriff Perpetual Cup Best Pair of Beef Bullocks
- 1st - Eamonn Burke, Marley, Tuam for his animal 777kg - €1700;
- 2nd - Ronan Bane, Rusheens, Tuam for his animals weighing 707kg -€1550.
Class 3 - St. Jarlath’s Credit Union three Bullocks
- 1st - Michael Monaghan, Imanemore, Barnaderg, Tuam for his animals weighing 771kg - €1650;
- 2nd - Stephen O’Grady, Knocknagur, Tuam.
Class 4 - St. Jarlath’s Credit Union, Best pair Continental-Type Store Bullocks
- 1st - James Comer, Cashel, Boyounagh, Glenamaddy;
- 2nd - Edward Nolan, Creeveshill, Irishtown for his animals weighing 637kg - €1400.
Class 5 - AIB Bank Best Weanling Bull
- 1st - Gerry Molloy, Ballinacregg, Cummer, Tuam;
- 2nd - Gerry Molloy, Ballinacregg, Cummer, Tuam.
Class 6 - Martin Tyrell Perpetual Cup Best Beef Heifer
- 1st - John Fahy, Cummer, Tuam for his animal weighing 790kg - €1680.
Class 7 - Halfway House Cup Best Store Heifer
- 1st - Norman Connolly, Cuilbeg, Lavally, Tuam;
- 2nd - Jarleth Quinn, Meeick, Lavally, Tuam for his animal weighing 425kg - €1080.
Class 8 - Frank Glynn Perpetual Cup Best Beef Cow
- 1st - Stephen Hughes, Anbally, Tuam, for his animal weighing 835kg - €1470.
Class 9 - AIB Bank Best Weanling Heifer
- 1st - David Glynn, Fohanagh, Ahascragh, Ballinasloe - 325kg - €885;
- 2nd - David Glynn, Fohanagh, Ahascragh, Ballinasloe - 260kg - €825.
On Tuesday, lambs made up to €80 with the weight, while old ewes realised €150/head and ewes with lambs at foot peaked at €196.
- 52Kg - €132 - €2.52/kg;
- 60Kg - €128 - €2.13/kg.