There was a big sale with over 500 animals on offer in Ennis Mart on Tuesday (June 16th), according to a mart spokesperson.
Two rings were in operations with both online and ringside bidding. Quality varied a lot in both weanling bulls and heifers, according to the spokesperson. There was a lot of heavy, average quality bulls they said.
Calves were met with a great trade, reaching a top call of €620 for a 3-month-old Limousin bull.
There was also a good trade for suckling stock with pairs reaching €1,660 and many lots making upwards of €1,400.
- LM - 260kgs - €760 - €2.92/kg;
- LM - 415kgs - €1,140 - €2.74/kg;
- BBX - 355kgs - €1,150 - €3.24/kg;
- CH - 505kgs - €1,130 - €2.24/kg;
- CH - 390kgs - €990 - €2.50/kg;
- LM - 340kgs - €950 - €2.79/kg;
- LMX - 350kgs - €960 - €2.74/kg;
- LM - 455kgs - €1,100 - €2.42/kg;
- CH - 305kgs - €920 - €3.02/kg;
- CH - 405kgs - €1,030 - €2.54/kg.
- BB - 390kgs - €1,140 - €2.92/kg;
- LM - 480kgs - €1,070 - €2.23/kg;
- CH - 330kgs - €870 - €2.64/kg;
- 2 CH - 420kgs - €900 - €2.14/kg;
- LM - 270kgs - €690 - €2.55/kg;
- LM - 370kgs - €880 - €2.38/kg;
- 2 CHX - 332kgs - €840 - €2.53/kg;
- LM - 280kgs - €790 - €2.82/kg;
- LM - 390kgs - €930 - €2.38/kg;
- LM - 340kgs - €870 - €2.64/kg.