Just over 1,100 entries, including 300 calves, were presented for sale at Ennis Mart on Tuesday, March 10th, according to a spokesperson.
They noted that heifers met with a strong trade with a top call of €1,550 recorded for a 360kg roan-coloured-type.
“Quality in the bull ring was more variable and the top quality lots were a great trade but lesser lots were that bit easier on the week.” the spokesperson added.
“Calves, overall, were a good trade with the exception of a few poor Friesians that made from €5-€25. The general run of Friesian bull calves made €40-€80 with strong-types making €100-€120.”
Meanwhile, continental bulls peaked at €460, while Hereford bulls climbed to €350.
Suckler pairs reached €2,620, while springers fetched up to €1,570 and dairy entries went under the hammer from €1,260-€1,400.
- 1 LMX - 295kgs - €935 - €3.17/kg;
- 1 CH - 345kgs - €1,050 - €3.04/kg;
- 1 CHX - 265kgs - €845 - €3.19/kg;
- 4 LM - 343kgs - €990 - €2.88/kg;
- 4 LM - 282kgs - €840 - €2.97/kg;
- 2 CH - 422kgs - €1,130 - €2.67/kg;
- 1 CH - 390kgs - €1,060 - €2.72/kg;
- 4 CH - 372kgs - €1,000 - €2.78/kg.
- 1 LMX - 360kgs - €1,550 - €4.31/kg;
- 1 SH - 350kgs - €1,065 - €3.04/kg;
- 1 LM - 295kgs - €985 - €3.34/kg;
- 1 CHX - 435kgs - €1,125 - €2.58/kg;
- 2 CH - 280kgs - €940 - €3.36/kg;
- 2 LM - 450kgs - €1,095 - €2.43/kg;
- 1 CHX - 380kgs - €1,110 - €2.92/kg;
- 1 CH - 360kgs - €1,045 - €2.90/kg.
The spokesperson reported that hoggets met with a strong trade again, with a top call of €151 recorded and a lot of 8 weighing 56kgs. Entries generally clicked from €130-€145, while cull ewes topped out at €160 and ewes with lambs at foot realised €190.