Friday, June 26th, saw some 150 dry cows and 30 sucklers go under the hammer at Carnew Mart, according to David Quinn.
He reported an “excellent selling trade” for all types with a full clearance.
He reported a top price of €1,760 in the cull ring for a 824kg PTX, while the sale-topping suckler pairing came in the form of a Limousin cow-heifer with a Limousin heifer calf at foot; the hammer fell at €2,020.
- Continental beef cows - €1210-€1760 or €1.58-€2.14/kg;
- Continental store cows - €840-€1270 or €1.55-€2.11/kg;
- Friesian beef cows - €880-€1360 or €1.28-€1.55/kg;
- Friesian store cows - €470-€860 or €1.02 to €1.44/kg
- Cows with calves at foot - €1110-€2020;
- Stock bulls - €1150-€1820.
General cattle and calves
Some 870 entries, along with 120 calves, were presented for the sale at the Wicklow-based venue on Saturday, June 27th.
“A very good selling trade for all classes with strong demand for both beef and stores.”
- Beef & forward bullocks - €1260-€1760 or €1.95-€2.32/kg;
- Continental store bullocks - €870-€1380 or €1.98-€2.73/kg
- HE/AA bullocks - €660-€1140 or €1.85-€2.22/kg;
- Friesian bullocks - €560-€970 or €1.35-€1.78/kg;
- Weanling bulls - €650-€1100 or €2.05-€2.92/kg;
- Beef heifers - €1070-€1630 or €1.91-€2.41/kg;
- Continental store heifers - €670-€1300 or €2.05-€3.17/kg;
- HE/AA store heifers - €580-€960 or €1.82-€2.17/kg.
- Continental bulls - €230-€460;
- Continental heifers - €170-€390;
- HE/ AA bulls - €155-€360;
- HE/AA heifers - €130-€250;
- Friesian bulls - €125-€190.
Image source: Carnew Mart \ Facebook