A selection of mostly strong calves met a “solid” trade at Kilkenny Mart on Tuesday (May 26th), according to George Candler.
“The fact that calves up to 120 days can be sold without a TB test means stronger calves are being offered for sale.” the mart’s auctioneer said following the sale.
- First-rate Friesian bulls - €60-€120/head;
- Second-rate Friesian bulls - €40-€80/head;
- Continental bulls - €130-€340/head;
- Continental heifers - €80-€370/head;
- Aberdeen-Angus/Hereford bulls - €80-€130/head;
- Aberdeen-Angus/Hereford heifers - €65-€350/head.