Over 900 lots turned out for Kilkenny Mart’s most recent cattle sale on Thursday (July 30th), according to George Candler.
The mart’s auctioneer reported a 95% with a top call of €2.85/kg for continental store bullocks and up to €2.25/kg paid for Aberdeen-Angus and Hereford entries.
“Beef bullocks and heifers were in short supply. Not as many beef animals on offer but next Thursday (August 6th), we will have a special section for beef bullocks beef heifers & cull cows.”
“If it is as successful as our last beef sale on July 23rd, it would be very pleasing.” he added.
- 600kgs+ - €1.70-€2.40/kg or €850-€1,650/head;
- 500-600kgs - €1.60-€2.50/kg or €850-€1,330/head;
- 400-500kgs - €1.60-€2.85/kg or €680-€1,370/head;
- <400kgs - €1.60-€2.89/kg or €500-€1,000/head.
- Friesians - €0.96-€1.60/kg;
- Continentals - €1.30-€2.10/kg.
- Beef-types - €1.85-€2.30/kg or €960-€1,470/head;
- Forward stores - €1.80-€2.60/kg or €880-€1,350/head;
- Light stores - €1.70-€3.00/kg or €680-€960/head.