Another large entry of cattle went under the hammer at Raphoe Mart on Thursday (October 18th), according to Ann Harkin - Manager.
The manager reported a good trade for all types, stressing that quality cattle were the most sought after; however, plainer types met with an improved trade.
- Bullocks made from €2.10/kg-€2.70/kg;
- Bulls clicked from €2.00/kg-€2.60/kg;
- Heifers ranged from €2.10/kg-€2.80/kg;
- Fat cows made from €500/head- €1645/head.
- Top class bulls over 600 kgs - €600 to €880 over;
- Beef bullocks - €600 to €1065 over;
- Store bullocks - €400 to €835 over;
- Beef heifers - €500 to €795 over;
- Store heifers - €350 to €705 over.
On Tuesday (October 16th), there was a good trade for all types of weanlings on offer, with demand strongest for quality entries, Ann Harkin added.
Bulls pushed from €2.20/kg-€3.10/kg, while heifers went under the hammer from €2.20/kg to €3.20/kg.
Ann Harkin reported an excellent trade for all stock on offer at Monday's sheep sales, with improved prices recorded.
- €70-80 for 32-38 kgs;
- €80-€88 for 38-43 kgs;
- €86-€95 for 43-46 kgs;
- €94-€100 for 46-50 kgs;
- €100-€117 for 50-56 kgs.
- Hoggets clicked from €110 to €160;
- Fat ewes sold from €60 to €110.