Trade remained strong for quality in-spec cattle at Raphoe Mart on Thursday (October 25th), according to Ann Harkin - Manager.
The manager said that plainer lots and non-in-spec entries were difficult to sell as another large entry went under the hammer.
- Top class bulls over 600 kgs - €600- €835 over;
- Beef bullocks - €600 - €870 over;
- Store bullocks - €400 - €895 over;
- Beef heifers - €500 - €875 over;
- Store heifers - €350 - €745 over;
- Dry cows - €500 - €1380 each.
- Bullocks made from €2.10/kg - €2.70/kg;
- Bulls pushed from €2.00/kg - €2.50/kg;
- Heifers fetched from €2.10/kg - €2.80/kg.
There was a good entry of sheep at Raphoe Mart on Monday (October 22nd) with a sharp trade for all stock, reported by Ann Harkin - Manager.
- €60-€70 for 28-32 kgs;
- €70-€80 for 32-37 kgs;
- €80-€90 for 37-44 kgs;
- €90 - €100 for 44-48 kgs;
- €100 -€110 for 48-55 kgs.
- Hoggets pushed from €110- €155;
- Fat ewes sold from €60 to €110.
- Breeding Sheep will now be sold on Mondays along with the usual weekly sheep sale instead of Wednesday nights - Sale at 11 a.m.
- Next Weanling Sale on Tuesday night (October 30th) - Intake from 4 pm and Sale at 7 pm
- Friday, December 7th - Fatstock Cattle Show and Sale on Friday 7th December;
- Monday, December 10th - Lamb Show and Sale.