A top call of €1,900 was recorded for a 440kg heifer at Raphoe Mart’s weanling show and sale on Tuesday (October 2nd).
The prize-winning bull - 480kg - was knocked down at €1,500.
“An excellent trade for all types on the night with bull calves selling from €2.20-€3.30/kg and heifers ranged from €2.20-€2.80/kg.” Ann Harkin - Manager of Raphoe Mart outlined.
Ann Harkin reported an excellent trade for quality cattle as another large went under the hammer at Thursday’s sale.
She noted that plainer lots and bulls were more difficult to sell; however, quality bullocks and heifers met with good demand.
- Top class bulls over 600 kgs - €600 to €830 over;
- Beef bullocks - €600 to €990 over;
- Store bullocks - €400 to €890 over;
- Beef heifers - €500 to €930 over;
- Store heifers - €350 to €660 over;
- Dry cows - €600 to €1670 each.
- Bullocks made from €2.00/kg to €2.70/kg;
- Bulls sold from €2.00/kg to €3.10/kg;
- Heifers fetched from €2.10/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Fat cows pushed from €600/head to €1670/head.
There was another large entry of sheep on Monday (October 1st) with an excellent trade for all stock on offer, Ann Harkin outlined.
- €60-€76 for 30-36 kgs;
- €70-€83 for 36-40 kgs;
- €83-€90 for 40-44 kgs;
- €90-€100 for 44-50 kgs;
- €100-€110 for 50-55 kgs.
- Hoggets ranged from €110-€185;
- Fat ewes climbed from €70 to €115.
- Thursday, October 1st - 18 Continental Heifers. Home reared - majority U grade.
- Friday, October 26th - Dispersal sale of Charolais herd at 7pm.
SHEEP SALE EVERY MONDAY AT 11 A.M. - CATTLE SALE EVERY THURSDAY AT 11 A.M.
Image source: Raphoe Livestock Mart - Facebook -
Champion Weanling exhibited by Robbie Barnett - Pictured at the presentation of The Perpetual Memorial Cup of George and Hazel Wilson are Luke Barnett; Robbie Barnett; Christian Wilson; and James Wilson.