The sale consisted of mostly plainer types at Raphoe Mart on Thursday (November 29th); these met a difficult trade, according to Ann Harkin - Manager.
“The few quality cattle [that were] on offer were easier sold and a much better trade.” Ann Harkin outlined.
- Bullocks made from €2.00/kg to €2.50/kg;
- Bulls fetched from €1.80/kg to €2.30/kg;
- Heifers pushed from €1.90/kg to €2.50/kg;
- Fat cows clicked from €585/head to €1150/head.
- Beef bullocks - €500 to €550 over;
- Store bullocks - €400 to €515 over;
- Beef heifers - €480 to €680 over;
- Store heifers - €300 to €565 over;
- Dry cows - €585 to €1150 each.
There was a good entry of sheep at Raphoe Mart on Monday (November 26th) with an excellent trade for all stock on offer resulting in a near total clearance, according to Ann Harkin - Manager.
- €65 to €75 for lighter lambs;
- €75 to €85 for 33-38 kgs;
- €85 to €95 for 38-44 kgs;
- €95 to €105 for 44-50 kgs;
- €105 to €114 for 50-60 kgs.
- Fat ewes sold from €60 to €125.
- Friday, December 7th - Fatstock Cattle Show and Sale- entries for the cattle show are now closed;
- Monday, December 10th - Christmas Lamb Show and Sale in conjunction with the usual weekly sheep sale.