Cattle met with an improved trade at Raphoe Mart on Thursday (September 26th), according to Ann Harkin – manager.
“Purchasers were anxious to buy quality in-spec cattle; plainer cattle were also up in price with Hereford-crosses and Aberdeen-Angus-crosses selling up to €2.00/kg, in some cases.” Harkin outlined.
- Bullocks made from €1.90/kg to €2.40/kg;
- Bulls sold from €1.70/kg to €2.20/kg;
- Heifers traded from €1.90/kg to €2.50/kg.
- Bulls over 600 kgs - €560 to €760 over;
- Beef bullocks - €500 to €740 over;
- Store bullocks - €350 to €785 over;
- Beef heifers - €450 to €705 over;
- Store heifers - €350 to €655 over;
- Dry cows - €685 to €1660/head.
The manager noted that there was a good entry of sheep on Monday (September 23rd), with a steady trade throughout.
- €55-€70 for 27-33 kgs;
- €70-80 for 34-37 kgs;
- €80-€90 for 38-44 kgs;
- €90-€100 for 44-52 kgs.
- €109 for 53 kgs;
- €115 for 48 kgs.
- Fat ewes - €50-€120