Ann Harkin reported a “great lively trade all-round” at Raphoe Mart on Thursday (September 27th)
Plainer types remained the most difficult to sell; however, an improved trade was reported due to the presence of additional customers.
“Quality cattle in great demand and customers favouring to purchase more forward stores.” Ann Harkin said.
- Top class bulls over 600 kgs - €600 to €875 over;
- Beef bullocks - €600 to €960 over;
- Store bullocks - €400 to €880 over;
- Beef heifers - €500 to €825 over;
- Store heifers - €350 to €740 over;
- Dry cows - €600 to €1450 each.
- Bullocks fetched from €2.20/kg to €2.70/kg;
- Bulls made from €2.00/kg to €2.60/kg;
- Heifers pushed from €2.10/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Fat cows sold from €600/head to €1450/head.
Ann Harkin reported a “good trade for all stock on offer” as a large entry of sheep went under the hammer at Raphoe Mart on Monday (September 24th).
- €60-€72 for 30-33 kgs;
- €65-€80 for 33-36 kgs;
- €75-€85 for 36-41 kgs;
- €84-€95 for 41-45 kgs;
- €90-€105 for 45-50 kgs;
- €100-€110 for 50-55 kgs.
- Hoggets fetched from €110 to €172;
- Fat ewes sold from €60 to €124.
Breeding Sheep will now be sold on Mondays in conjunction with the usual weekly sheep sale instead of Wednesday nights.
Tuesday, October 2nd - First Weanling Show and Sale of the season - intake from 4 pm; Show at 5 pm and Sale at 7 pm.
Classes for the Show:
- Class 1 - Best Male – Born from 1st September 2017 to 31st December 2017;
- Class 2 - Best Female – Born from 1st September 2017 to 31st December 2017;
- Class 3 - Best Male – Born from 1st January 2018;
- Class 4 - Best Female – Born from 1st January 2018.
** PLEASE NOTE THAT ANIMALS FOR THE SHOW MUST BE HOM- REARED**
SHEEP SALE EVERY MONDAY AT 11 A.M - CATTLE SALE EVERY THURSDAY AT 11 A.M.