A good entry of cattle went under the hammer at Raphoe’s Mart first cattle sale of 2019 which was held on Thursday (January 10th), according to Ann Harkin - Manager.
“All buyers returned to the ringside and quality cattle remain most wanted and easiest sold while Friesian-types are most difficult to sell,” Ann said.
- Beef bullocks - €580 to €615 over;
- Store bullocks - €380 to €760 over;
- Beef heifers - €480 to €730 over;
- Store heifers - €350 to €685 over;
- Dry cows - €500 to €1480 each.
- Bullocks/Bulls fetched from €1.80/kg to €2.50/kg;
- Heifers made from €1.90/kg to €2.60/kg;
- Cull Cows sold from €500/head to €1480/head.
The first sheep sale of the year at Raphoe saw an excellent trade which led to a full clearance of lots, according to Ann Harkin - Manager.
- €70 to €80 for 28-33 kgs;
- €80 to €90 for 34-37 kgs;
- €90 to €100 for 37-43 kgs;
- €100 to €110 for 43-47 kgs;
- €110 to €121 for 47-55 kgs.
- Fat ewes ranged from €80 to €130;
- Springing ewes pushed from €130 to €168.