Trade for bulls and plain cattle remains difficult while good-quality, lighter cattle are much easier sold, according to Ann Harkin – manager of Raphoe Mart.
“There was a great entry of cattle at Raphoe Mart on Thursday (August 22nd); the wet weather has forced more cattle out for sale this week.”
“Heifers are most in demand with plenty of customers around the ring selling up to €1065 over the weight.”
- Bulls/Bullocks made from €1.70/kg to €2.40/kg;
- Heifers fetched from €1.80/kg to €2.60/kg;
- Dry cows traded at €500/head to €1070/head.
- Bulls over 600 kgs - €500 to €795 over;
- Beef bullocks - €500 to €695 over;
- Store bullocks - €300 to €670 over;
- Beef heifers - €400 to €1065 over;
- Store heifers - €300 to €655 over.
With a large entry on offer, there was a good trade for all entries at the mart’s sheep sale on Monday (August 19th), the manager outlined.
“A great demand for store lambs with lots of customers for these.”
- €60-€70 for 28-33 kgs;
- €70-€80 for 33-37 kgs;
- €80-€90 for 37-41 kgs;
- €85-€90 for 41-45 kgs;
- €90-€100 for 45-52 kgs.
- Fat ewes sold from €50 to €130;
- Hoggets ranged from €130 to €170.