Trade for cattle remained similar to the previous week at Raphoe Mart on Thursday (August 29th), according to Ann Harkin – manager.
“More quality cattle on offer meant more brisk bidding around the ring; it is very evident that buyers are looking for quality in-spec cattle.”
- Heifers made from €1.90/kg to €2.40/kg;
- Bulls fetched from €1.70/kg to €2.10/kg;
- Bullocks pushed from €1.80/kg to €2.30/kg;
- Fat cows sold from €735/head to €1260/head.
Breeding sheep sale
Harkin noted that trade was “strong” for all types at the mart’s Hogget Show and Sale which was held on Wednesday, August 28th.
"Excellent quality ewes on offer, with a large number of buyers present," she added.
- 1st-prize ewes - €242;
- 2nd-prize ewes - €205;
- 3rd-prize ewes - €190.
- Other ewes sold from €140 to €200