There was a good entry of cattle at Raphoe Mart on Thursday (July 25th), according to Ann Harkin – Manager.
She noted that numbers in the male section were small with a good trade for lighter lots; these clicked from €1.90/kg to €2.40/kg while heavier bulls made under €2.00/kg.
“Heifers were easier sold with more buyers for these. Heavier lots sold up to €675 over the weight and lighter lots sold up to €2.50/kg. Plain cattle remain hard to sell.”
- Bulls/Bullocks made from €1.80/kg to €2.40/kg;
- Heifers sold from €2.00/kg to €2.50/kg.
Store lambs remained a great trade as “plenty of farmers were around the ring looking to purchase” at the Donegal-based venue on Monday (July 22nd), Harkin added.
Factory lambs traded at €99 to €103; some heavier lots hit the €110-€115 mark.
- Store lambs - €30 to €57 over;
- Factory lambs - €45 to €65 over;
- Butcher lambs - €48 to €75 over;
- Dry/fat ewes - €60 to €129 each.