A “great entry” turned out for Raphoe Mart’s final cattle sale of the year on Thursday, December 12th, according to Ann Harkin – manager.
“All cattle on offer met a great trade with brisk bidding around the ring for the whole sale.”
“As usual, the strongest demand was for quality in-spec cattle and all types were easily sold.” the manager added.
- Bulls/bullocks ranged from €1.80/kg to €2.40/kg;
- Heifers sold from €1.90/kg to €2.50/kg.
- Beef bullocks - €720 to €880 over;
- Store bullocks - €350 to €508 over;
- Beef heifers - €410 to €760 over;
- Store heifers - €300 to €625 over;
- Dry cows - €500 to €1540/head.