A much larger entry went under the hammer at Raphoe Mart on Thursday (August 15th), according to Ann Harkin – manager.
“A lot of quality cattle were on offer and met a much-improved trade; farmers, agents and feedlot buyers were all in competition to purchase cattle.”
- Bullocks traded at €1.80/kg to €2.50/kg;
- Bulls pushed from €1.60/kg to €2.30/kg;
- Heifers fetched from €1.90/kg to €2.60/kg.
- Bulls over 600 kgs - €480 to €775 over;
- Beef bullocks - €500 to €620 over;
- Store bullocks - €300 to €730 over;
- Beef heifers - €475 to €670 over;
- Store heifers - €350 to €940 over;
- Dry cows - €650 to €1365 each.
There was a larger sale of sheep at the Donegal-based venue on Monday (August 12th), with a strong trade for quality entries, the manager added.
- €60-€75 for 28-33 kgs;
- €70-€82 for 33-38 kgs;
- €78-€86 for 38-43 kgs;
- €86-€95 for 43-48 kgs;
- €95-€104 for 48-55 kgs.
- Hoggets - €130 to €160;
- Fat ewes - €50 to €140.