There was a good entry of cattle at Raphoe Mart on Thursday (August 8th), according to Ann Harkin – manager.
“Good demand for quality in-spec cattle; grass farmers are anxious to purchase these.”
“Plainer cattle were much more difficult to sell - these made from €1.50 to €1.90/kg.”
The quality in-spec cattle ranged from €2.10/kg to €2.40/kg; fat cows remained a “good steady trade” selling up to €1420 for a 770kg entry.
There was a good entry of sheep at the venue on Monday (August 5th), the manager added. “A great trade for all sheep on offer.”
- €65 to €80 for 30-36 kgs;
- €78 to €84 for 36-40 kgs;
- €84 to €90 for 40-43 kgs;
- €90 to €98 for 43-47 kgs;
- €98 to €105 for 47-52 kgs.
- Breeding hoggets - €150-€190;
- Fat ewes - €70-€144.