Another good show of cattle at Raphoe on Thursday (March 7th) with an excellent trade for all types with quality stock selling exceptionally well, according to Ann Harkin.
Lighter entries sold up to and in excess of €3.00/kg, while heavy bullocks peaked at €980 over and heifers topped out at €1,035 over the kg,
- Top class bulls over 600 kgs - €570 to €980 over;
- Beef bullocks - €580 to €685 over;
- Store bullocks - €350 to €865 over;
- Beef heifers - €520 to €1035 over;
- Store heifers - €350 to €795 over;
- Dry cows - €500 to €1470 each.
- Bullocks fetched from €1.80/kg to €2.70/kg;
- Bulls made from €1.80/kg to €3.00/kg;
- Heifers ranged from €1.80/kg to €3.00/kg;
- Fat cows clicked from €500/head to €1470/head.
There was a stronger trade for all sheep at the Donegal-based venue on Monday (March 4th), the manager added.
- €80 to €95 for 35-40 kgs;
- €95 to €110 for 40-45 kgs;
- €110 to €120 for 45-49 kgs;
- €120 to €128 for 50-55 kgs.
- Fat ewes varied from €60 to €139 each;
- Springing ewes pushed from €140 to €158 each.
- Ewes with 1 lamb went under the hammer from €150 to €190;
- Ewes with 2 lambs sold from €200 to €258.