“Another excellent show of cattle” went under the hammer at Raphoe Mart on Thursday (March 28th), according to Ann Harkin – Manager.
“All cattle selling well as in previous weeks with a weaker tradefor a bigger supply of light Friesian bulls resulting in these being more difficult to sell.”
All other stock remained “a great trade” including Aberdeen-Angus-cross and Hereford-cross cattle.
- Beef bullocks - €590 to €870 over;
- Store bullocks - €350 to €880 over;
- Beef heifers - €500 to €885 over;
- Store heifers - €350 to €700 over;
- Dry cows - €680 to €1330 each.
- Bulls sold from €1.70/kg to €2.70/kg;
- Bullocks ranged from €1.90/kg to €2.70/kg;
- Heifers fetched from €1.90/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Fat cows made from €680/head to €1330/head.
Monday’s sale attracted a good entry of sheep, with an increased number of ewes with lambs at foot on offer and an excellent trade overall, the manager added.
- €80 to €90 for 30-34 kgs;
- €90 to €100 for 35-40 kgs;
- €100 to €110 for 40-44 kgs;
- €110 to €120 for 44-50 kgs;
- €120 to €130 for 50-60 kgs.
- Fat ewes went under the hammer from €60 to €130;
- Ewes with 1 lamb clicked from €140 to €190;
- Ewes with 2 lambs sold from €200 to €272.