A smaller entry of cattle went under the hammer at Raphoe Mart due to adverse weather conditions, according to Ann Harkin Manager.
The manager said trade remained good for stronger, suitable in-spec types while lighter plainer-types are still difficult to sell.
- Beef Bullocks - €580 to €715 over;
- Store Bullocks - €350 to €385 over;
- Beef Heifers - €480 to €655 over;
- Store Heifers - €300 to €600 over;
- Dry Cows - €600 to €1480 each.
- Bullocks/Bulls fetched from €1.80/kg to €2.40/kg;
- Heifers made from €1.90/kg to €2.50/kg;
- Fat Cows sold from €600/head to €1480/head.
There was a "good entry of sheep" at the Donegal-based venue on Monday (January 28th), with trade remaining "excellent" for all stock on offer, the manager added.
- €75-€90 for 28-34kgs;
- €90-€100 for 34-37kgs;
- €100-€110 for 37-42kg;
- €110- €120 for 43-50kgs;
- €120-€132 for 50-57kgs.
- Fat ewes sold from €70-€125;
- Ewes with 1 lamb fetched from €160-€190;
- Ewes with twin lambs sold from €240-€275.