A bigger entry of cattle at Raphoe Mart on Thursday (January 17th) saw an improved trade for all types on offer, according to Ann Harkin – Manager.
She reported an excellent attendance of buyers with demand remaining strongest for quality cattle, while demand improved for Aberdeen-Angus and Hereford entries.
- Top class bulls over 600 kgs - €580 to €855 over;
- Beef bullocks - €560 to €952 over;
- Store bullocks - €360 to €795 over;
- Beef heifers - €480 to €845 over;
- Store heifers - €350 to €605 over;
- Dry cows - €525 to €2290 each.
- Bullocks/Bulls made from €1.80/kg to €2.60/kg;
- Heifers sold from €1.90/kg to €2.70/kg;
- Fat cows fetched from €525/head to €2290/head.
There was a good entry of sheep at Raphoe Mart on Monday (January 14th), with a stronger trade for lambs, according to the manager.
- €80 to €90 for 30-36 kgs;
- €90 to €100 for 36-40 kgs;
- €100 to €108 for 40-46 kgs;
- €108 to €120 for 46-50 kgs;
- €120 to €127 for 50-60 kgs.
- Fat ewes ranged from €80 - €134;
- Ewe with 1 lamb topped out at €192;
- Ewes with 2 lambs made €268.
- Sheep Sale every Monday at 11 a.m.
- Cattle Sale every Thursday at 11 a.m.