A bigger show of cattle at Raphoe on Thursday (February 28th) with an improved trade for all types on offer, according to Ann Harkin – Manager.
Quality lots sold well and heifers sold up to €885 over, while up to €860 over was forked out for bullocks.
Lighter lots peaked at €3.00/kg, while plainer lots also sold better, the manager added, with AA and HEX-types hitting €2.00/kg- €2.20/kg.
- Top-class bulls over 600 kgs - €575 to €845 over;
- Beef bullocks - €630 to €865 over;
- Store bullocks - €225 to €860 over;
- Beef heifers - €440 to €885 over;
- Store heifers - €250 to €675 over;
- Dry cows - €510 to €1450 each.
- Bullocks fetched from €1.80/kg to €2.70/kg;
- Heifers made from €1.90/kg to €2.60/kg;
- Fat cows sold from €510/head to €1450/head;
- Weanling Bulls ranged from €2.10/kg to €3.00/kg;
- Weanling Heifers clicked from €2.00/kg to €2.80/kg.
There was a smaller entry of sheepon Monday (February 25th) with a good trade for all stock on offer, the manager added.
- €80 to €94 for 32-38 kgs;
- €90 to €100 for 38-42 kgs;
- €100 to €110 for 42-45 kgs;
- €110 to €120 for 45-50 kgs;
- €120 to €128 for 50-56 kgs.
- Fat ewes pushed from €60 to €132;
- Ewes with 1 lamb from €140 to €190;
- Ewes with 2 lambs from €180 to €250;
- Springers from €124 to €158.