A bigger entry of cattle went under the hammer at Raphoe Mart on Thursday (February 21st), according to Ann Harkin – Manager.
She said that quality cattle met with good demand, while plainer types were more difficult to sell.
Quality weanlings were also “in great demand” selling up to €2.90/kg.
- Top class bulls over 600 kgs - €580 to €775 over;
- Beef bullocks - €580 to €700 over;
- Store bullocks - €350 to €730 over;
- Beef heifers - €480 to €890 over;
- Store heifers - €350 to €800 over;
- Dry cows - €600 to €1520 each.
- Bullocks fetched from €1.80/kg to €2.40/kg;
- Heifers pushed from €1.90/kg to €2.60/kg;
- Fat cows made from €600/head to €1520/head;
- Weanling Bulls ranged from €2.00/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Weanling Heifers sold from €2.00/kg to €2.90/kg.
There was a “good show of sheep” at Monday’s sale, with a steady trade for all stock, the manager added.
- €85-€100 for 35-40kgs;
- €95-€110 for 38-44kgs;
- €110-€120 for 44-50kgs;
- €120-€130 for 50-58kgs.
- Fat ewes ranged from €80-€120;
- Springers clicked from €100-€200;
- Ewes with 1 lamb sold from €140-€212;
- Ewes with 2 lambs fetched from €180-€290.