Trade was good for all types of cattle at the last cattle sale of the year at Raphoe Mart on Thursday (December 13th), according to Ann Harkin - the mart's manager.
She said Continental and Aberdeen Angus cattle sold very well, while Friesian types and out-of-spec cattle remained difficult to sell.
- Top class bulls over 600 kgs - €575 to €830 over;
- Store bullocks - €350 to €630 over;
- Beef heifers - €450 to €685 over;
- Store heifers - €300 to €630 over;
- Dry cows - €550 to €1395 each.
- Bulls/Bullocks made from €1.80/kg to €2.40/kg;
- Heifers fetched from €1.90/kg to €2.45/kg;
- Fat cows sold from €550/head to €1395/head.
There was a large entry of sheep at the mart on Monday (December 10th) as the Donegal-based venue played host to its Annual Christmas Lamb Show and Sale - a full report is available here.
- €70 to €80 for 28-34 kgs;
- €80 to €90 for 34-40 kgs;
- €90 to €100 for 40-46 kgs;
- €100 to €110 for 46-50 kgs;
- €108 to €118 for 50-57 kgs.
- Last Sale of 2018 - Last Sheep Sale on Monday (December 17th) at 11 a.m.
- First Sheep Sale on Monday (January 7th) at 11 a.m.
- First Cattle Sale on Thursday (January 10th) at 11 a.m.