The number of cattle presented for sale at Raphoe Mart on Thursday increased, according to Ann Harkin.
The mart manager reported a similar trade to last week with “great demand” for quality cattle; however, plainer types remained the most difficult to sell.
- Top class bulls over 600 kgs - €905 to €920 over;
- Beef bullocks - €600 to €650 over;
- Store bullocks - €400 to €760 over;
- Beef heifers - €500 to €570 over;
- Store heifers - €350 to €675 over
- Dry cows - €835 to €1425 each.
- Bulls/bullocks made from €2.00/kg-€2.60/kg;
- Heifers sold from €2.00/kg-€2.60/kg;
- Fat cows fetched from €835/head-€1425/head.
Ann Harkin reported “an excellent trade for all stock”, with a large number of buyers active at Monday’s sheep sale.
- €70-€80 for 30-36kgs;
- €80-€90 for 36-40 kgs;
- €90-€95 for 40-42kgs;
- €95-€105 for 43-45kgs;
- €105-€115 for 46-55kgs.
Breeding hoggets sold from €130-€178, while fat ewes ranged from €70-€120.
Breeding Sheep and Ram Sales will commence at Raphoe Mart each Wednesday night from August, 15th, 2018 - intake from 5 p.m. and sale at 7 p.m.
Wednesday’s sale will also include a special entry of pedigree registered Belclare rams at 8 p.m. approx.