There was a "large show" of cattle at Raphoe Mart on Thursday (September 4th), according to Ann Harkin.
"Consistent wet weather has forced numbers out again."
"Trade has improved for quality in-spec continental cattle; these are what most buyers are looking for, leaving plainer lots and out-of-spec cattle harder to sell."
- Bulls made from €1.70/kg to €2.20/kg;
- Bullocks sold from €1.80/kg to €2.30/kg;
- Heifers fetched from €1.90/kg to €2.40/kg;
- Dry cows pushed from €475/head to €1565/head.
- Bulls over 600 kgs - €480 to €970 over;
- Beef bullocks - €480 to €800 over;
- Store bullocks - €300 to €650 over;
- Beef heifers - €450 to €880 over;
- Store heifers - €300 to €610 over.