There was an “excellent show of cattle” at Raphoe Mart on Thursday (June 6th), according to Ann Harkin.
“Bullocks were in demand with a small number on offer, while there was a good entry of bulls.”
She noted that stronger lots 480 kgs- 600 kgs for further feeding were slower to sell. “Lighter lots were more in demand with farmers more active for these.”
“Heifers were in great demand with plenty of buyers for both lighter weights and forward stores.” Harkin added.
- Bulls/bullocks made from €1.80/kg to €2.70/kg;
- Heifers sold from €2.00/kg to €2.80/kg.
- Bulls over 600 kgs - €600 to €900 over;
- Beef bullocks - €600 to €750 over;
- Store bullocks - €400 to €615 over;
- Beef heifers - €500 to €850 over;
- Store heifers - €350 to €635 over;
- Dry cows - €620 to €1510 each.