There was a large entry of cattle at Raphoe Mart on Thursday (October 10th), according to Ann Harkin – manager.
She noted that quality in-spec cattle met a “brisk trade” with farmers, agents and feedlot purchasing all making their presence felt at the ringside.
“In particular, Aberdeen-Angus-cross cattle were in high demand among farmers at the sale. Plainer cattle remained more difficult to sell.”
- Bullocks - €1.90-€2.40/kg;
- Bulls - €1.75-€2.20/kg;
- Heifers - €1.90-€2.50/kg.
- Bulls over 600kgs - €480-€650 over;
- Beef bullocks - €520-€685 over;
- Beef heifers - €480-€800 over;
- Store heifers - €450-€750 over;
- Cull cows - €400-€1,340.