Quality cattle and forward stores met a “great trade” at Raphoe Mart, according to Ann Harkin - Manager.
The manager noted that prices for lighter and plainer types improved; however, these entries remained difficult to sell.
- Bullocks fetched from €2.00/kg-€2.60/kg;
- Bulls made from €1.90/kg-€2.60/kg
- Heifers clicked from €2.10/kg-€2.80/kg
- Fat cows climbed from €600/head-€1785/head.
- Top class bulls over 600 kgs - €800 to €935 over;
- Beef bullocks - €600 to €898 over;
- Store bullocks - €400 to €830 over;
- Beef heifers - €500 to €975 over;
- Store heifers - €350 to €745 over;
- Dry cows - €600 to €1785 each.
Ann Harkin reported a “very large show of sheep” at Monday’s sale.
“Trade remained steady throughout, with buyers plentiful,” Ann said.
Breeding Hoggets clicked from €130-€198, while fat ewes sold from €60-€132.
- €70-€80 for 32-38kgs;
- €80-€90 for 38-42kgs;
- €90-€100 for 42-46kgs;
- €100-€110 for 46-50kgs;
- €110-€120 for 50-55kgs.
SHEEP SALE EVERY MONDAY AT 11 A.M.
CATTLE SALE EVERY THURSDAY AT 11 A.M.