A bigger entry of cattle passed through the ring at Raphoe Mart on Thursday (April 4th), according to Ann Harkin – Manager.
The manager reported good demand for stores, with strong farmer and feedlot activity at the ring.
Likewise, lighter stores and weanlings improved due to competition between farmers and agents; in excess of €3.00/kg was recorded for lots in this category.
- Heifers made from €2.10/kg to €3.05/kg;
- Bullocks fetched from €2.00/kg to €2.90/kg;
- Bulls from €2.10/kg to €3.10/kg;
- Fat cows sold from €705/head to €1345/head.
- Top class bulls over 600 kgs - €600 to €660 over;
- Beef bullocks - €600 to €855 over;
- Store bullocks - €400 to €825 over;
- Beef heifers - €405 to €885 over;
- Store heifers - €350 to €790 over.
There was a good trade for all stock presented for sale at the Donegal-based venue, the manager added.
- €90 to €100 for 36-40 kgs;
- €100 to €120 for 40-45 kgs;
- €110 to €120 for 45-50 kgs;
- €120 to €128 for 50-58 kgs.
- 7 Suffolk ewe hoggets - 70 kg - sold for €140 each;
- Fat ewes clicked from €60 to €140;
- Ewes with 1 lamb made from €150 to €180;
- Ewes with 2 lambs sold from €220 to €275.