A larger entry of cattle went under the hammer at Raphoe Mart on Thursday (April 25th), according to Ann Harkin – Manager.
“Plenty of stock and plenty of buyers for all quality stock on offer.”
She said that plainer types were the most difficult to sell; Friesian-types sold from €1.50/kg to €1.90/kg, while quality cattle made from €2.20/kg to €2.70/kg and lighter lots pushed up to and in excess of €3.00/kg.
- Bulls fetched from €2.00/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Bullocks made from €2.10/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Heifers climbed from €2.20/kg to €2.90/kg;
- Fat cows sold from €550/head to €1460/head.
- Top class bulls over 600 kgs - €600 to €745 over;
- Beef bullocks - €695 to €805 over;
- Store bullocks - €400 to €820 over;
- Beef heifers - €500 to €830 over;
- Store heifers - €350 to €830 over;
- Dry cows - €550 to €1460 each.