300 cattle were offered for sale by tender at Kilkenny Mart this week, according to George Candler.
The mart’s auctioneer pointed out that trade was somewhat sharper with more customers present than the previous week.
“The poor factory returns are not instilling confidence in store buyers. We are still examining ways of matching more buyers and sellers.” Candler added.
- 600kgs - €1.60-€1.80/kg or €940-€1,235/head;
- 500-600kgs - €1.60-€2.30/kg or €820-€1,350/head;
- 400-500kgs - €1.55-€2.30/kg or €850-€1,050/head;
- <400kgs - €1.50-€2.40/kg or €530-€930/head.
- Beef-types - €1.85-€2.10/kg or €880-€1,210/head;
- Forward stores - €1.60-€2.30/kg or €680-€1,035/head;
- Light stores - €1.60-€2.35/kg or €420-€740/head.
- Friesians - €0.90-€1.20/kg;
- Continentals - €1.10-€1.45/kg.