Clare Marts held its first online auction for cull cows, aged bulls and heifers on Thursday (May 14th).
Speaking following the online sale, a spokesperson said: “There was a great trade for cull cows, with over 40% of them bought by people not present to view stock before the auction.”
They outlined that Friesian culls made between €1.20/kg to €1.50/kg while continentals climbed to €1.96/kg.
“Some good store heifers available and these made to €2.44/kg. It must be said that the online sale proved very popular and both regular and new customers competed very well.” the spokesperson concluded.
- 1 FR - 470kgs - €690 - €1.47/kg;
- 1 FR - 765kgs - €1,090 - €1.42/kg;
- 4 FR - 487kgs - €600 - €1.23/kg;
- 1 LM - 855kgs - €1,680 - €1.96/kg;
- 1 LM - 780kgs - €1,530 - €1.96/kg;
- 1 FR - 810kgs - €1,290 - €1.59/kg;
- 1 FR - 705kgs - €1,060 - €1.50/kg;
- 1 CH - 680kgs - €1,270 - €1.87/kg.
- 2 LM - 482kgs - €1,160 - €2.40/kg;
- 4 HEX - 399kgs - €730 - €1.83/kg;
- 1 SAX - 455kgs - €1,110 - €2.44/kg;
- 1 CHX - 505kgs - €1,180 - €2.34/kg;
- 4 CH - 446kgs - €1,080 - €2.42/kg;
- 1 LMX - 625kgs - €1,330 - €2.13/kg;
- 3 LMX - 500kgs - €1,130 - €2.26/kg;
- 1 HEX - 525kgs - €1,030 - €1.96/kg.