Trade improved across all categories at Raphoe Mart’s cattle sale on Thursday (June 25th), according to Ann Harkin.
The mart manager pointed out that more farmer customers were present in a bid to purchase ‘grass cattle’.
- Heifers sold from €2.00-€2.80/kg;
- Bulls/bulls made from €1.80-€2.60/kg;
- Fat cows fetched from €600-€1400/head.
- Bulls over 600 kgs - €580 to €745 over;
- Beef bullocks - €580 to €702 over;
- Store bullocks - €380 to €715 over;
- Beef heifers - €500 to €840 over;
- Store heifers - €300 to €620 over;
- Dry cows - €600 to €1400 each.