Cattle prices “held fair” this at Maam Cross Mart, according to Muiread Burke. With demand for stock, heifers hit €2.96/kg, while suckler outfits topped at €1400.
- Dry cows fetched from €1.65/kg to €1.95/kg to a max of €1,100 for a LM cow - born May-2008;
- Suckler pairings made from €1.75/kg to €1.82/kg to max of €1,400 for a 5-year-old BAX cow with CH bull calf at foot and running with the same bull;
- Heifers pushed from €2.22/kg to €2.96/kg to a max of €1,050 for a 502kg - CH - 15-months
- Bullocks clicked from €2.35/kg to €2.42/kg to a max of €800 for a 12-month-old - 330kg - BB
- Bull Weanlings varied from €2.40/kg to €2.78/kg with a max price of €675 for a 9-month old - 248kg - LM.
- Lambs - Blackface and cross-breds sold from €56 to a max price of €96/hd for 4 Kerryhill ram lambs;
- Hoggets averaged €75 to a max price of €124/hd for 2 ewe hoggs;
- Ewes lambs at foot went under the hammer from €88 to a top call of €131 for 1 ewe with 2 lambs at foot;
- Dry ewes averaged €52 to €101/head for 4 cross-bred ewe hoggets.
The management at Maam Cross Mart wish to encourage their sellers to book in their stock in order to inform purchasers.
Sheep and Cattle sold every Saturday with sheep first at 11am, followed by cattle.
The next pony sale takes place on August, 3rd with limited lots. Please contact the office on (091) 552 254 or 087 77 14 555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.