There was good demand at Maam Cross Mart's general sale, with a full clearance of sheep and 97% of cattle finding new homes, according to a mart spokesperson.
The spokesperson reported a good trade for store heifers, with an average price of €600/head recorded.
- Cull cows fetched from €1.62/kg to €2.03/kg to a max of €1,185 for a February-2012-born LM dry cow - 1 spin gone;
- Heifers ranged from €2.42/kg to €2.89/kg to a max of €1,100 for a May-2015-born 520kg - LM;
- Bull Weanlings sold from €2.60/kg to €3.19kg with a max price of €950 for a May-2018-born LM - weighing 412kgs.
- Lambs - Blackface and cross-breds - averaged €70 to a max price of €117/hd for 20 cross-bred ram lambs;
- Hoggets averaged €58, with a max price of €106/hd for 6 Suffolk ewe hoggets;
- Ewes averaged €51 and sold to a max of €74/head - a price that was paid for 7 in-lamb Blackface ewes.
Please note, the mart takes bookings on sale days a week prior and Thursdays 4pm - 7pm. Management urges its sellers to book in their stock so buyers can be informed.